Learn about Mesquite's Freedom Park through this 360° tour. Each image can be navigated by click or touch and is embedded with information related to the content you are seeing. You'll learn how Mesquite was able to acquire this piece of history, hear from a 9/11 survivor and view the World Trade Center memorial in New York City. Don't forget to add your own story below.
Mesquite Freedom Park google expedition
To lead this VR tour in Google Expeditions, go here and like the tour. Then, when you're logged in to the Google Expeditions app, you will see it appear in your Library under My Tours. Click here for a complete tour of the 9/11 Museum and Memorial in New York City.
Where were you?
1. How does this Freedom Park reflect American individualism and freedom? (1.14(E)
2. Identify and analyze the heroic deeds of individuals from September 11, 2001. (3.14(B)
3. What was the United States' response to terrorism from September 11, 2001 to the present? (WH.14(B)
1. Where were you when America was attacked on September 11, 2001? If you weren't born yet, ask an adult.
2. What are some things that changed in our country as a result of the events of September 11, 2001?
3. Do you think of or worry about attacks in the future?
“Mesquite Freedom Park | Mesquite, TX.” Mesquite Texas Real. Texas. Flavor, https://www.cityofmesquite.com/1611/Mesquite-Freedom-Park.